The Country Director will lead the organization’s five integrated development programs portfolio including an integrated food security program funded by USAID and a comprehensive HIV and AIDS program funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, in Malawi, South Eastern Africa. The incumbent Country Director, in close collaboration with the cooperating sponsors listed above, key donors, the government of Malawi and other implementing partners, will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of this multi-faceted effort.
The Country Director will be based in Blantyre; current program activities will cover Zomba, Balaka and Machinga Districts.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management, strategic direction and leadership to all programs, ensuring that all program goals and objectives are reached in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance in the design and implementation of program activities, which include but are not limited to: HIV/AIDS prevention and mitigation, agricultural and agri-business development, savings and microcredit programs, humanitarian assistance & disaster prevention, as well as maternal and child health, and nutrition.
- Liaise with other international NGOs, local stakeholders, key agencies and ministries, and other implementing partners to ensure successful coordination of project operations.
- Oversee the development and ongoing review of annual work-plans and budgets, ensuring that project benchmarks are met within the approved budgets.
- Oversee the reports preparation process and will be responsible for meeting donor reporting requirements, including program implementation documentation.
- Ensure that all program related reports are prepared and delivered to the donor and/or stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Master’s degree required – MBA or MPH preferred;
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with US Government donor regulations;
- Demonstrated abilities in NGO reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management;
- At least 7 years of experience in complex program management in an international development environment: including direct supervision of professional and support staff on complex international development programs
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar role at a similar organization level
- Program performance management, including program monitoring and evaluation;
- Capacity to develop and mentor a team of highly qualified professionals;
- Ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent facilitation, analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong Excel and financial management abilities.
- Africa regional and/or in-country Malawi experience preferred
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Careers@PCIglobal.org and include “MALAWI – Country Director” in the subject header. Application deadline for this position is Monday, March 25, 2011. Please visit www.PCIglobal.org for more information on this position and to view other worldwide employment opportunities. PCI is an equal opportunity employer.